Beit el Baraka is a non-profit organization established in Beirut in 2017,
They are The Guardians of Dignity for the Retired Lebanese Citizens …
Their mission is to ensure a sense of dignity to hard-working citizens once they retire, by assisting them in their struggle with the increasing cost of living.
In a spirit of respect and support, they provide tangible solutions, assistance and support to hundreds of Lebanese families in need, mostly around the areas of Nabaa, Karm el Zeitoun, Dora, and the main suburbs of Beirut.
- A Free Supermarket
2. Free Home Refurbishing
3. Free Medical Care
With the help of a team of young and dynamic volunteers they aim for the reduction of inequality and exclusion of retired men and women between the ages of 65 and 80, and they hope for the alleviation of poverty in the community of senior citizens.
- Dignity, respect and transparency in all interactions and activities.
- The wise use of resources, innovative means to improve their services, and the effective use of community support that sustains their work.
- Their team of volunteers who come from different backgrounds and enjoy diversified talents and the same commitment and passion to their cause.
- The creativity in the pursuit of new ways to help, assist and care for those who contributed in making our country a gentler place to live in.
- Your partnership for social change.
- Your selfless contribution that will definitely impact the life of a respectful senior.
Maya Ibrahimchah, a True Story, with all the respect and appreciation and gratefulness for everything she is doing, let’s get to meet her better .
The interview with a Superhero in real life , an inspiration, someone I look up to .
May Lebanon have more Gorgeous souls like you …
How you had the idea of Beit El Baraka?
I saw an elegant lady sitting under a bridge, 3 days in a row. I figured she must have been evicted from her home, and she was, because of her meager retirement pension. She was a teacher.
Your Role models (any field)?
Emir Fakhreddine, Fouad Chehab, Beatrix Potter.
What are the important turning points in your life?
1. A beautiful childhood thanks to my parents who gave me all the love I carry with me today.
2. A husband who encouraged me to achieve my goals.
3. Turning 40… the maturity of this age brings an amazing feeling of happiness and serenity that pushes me to move forward in achieving my goals.
What are your favorite?
Scent, maple trees
Feel, fluffy feather pillows
Scene, a small house in a dense oak forest
Sound, birds in trees
What is your current state of mind?
Fulfilled. And I want to keep it.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My family and my work.
What is your most marked characteristic?
Passionate about my work.
But impatient and stubborn.
What is your favorite occupation?
Hiking with my husband and daughter.
What do you most value in your friends?
Who are your heroes in real life?
All freedom fighters. People who stand up for what they believe in, and make a positive change in the world. Achievers. Activists.
What is your ultimate dislike?
Hypocrisy. Jealousy. Lack of civic sense.
What you wish for all the time?
Too many things! Saving what’s left of our national heritage…. increasing urban green spaces… ending corruption… providing proper health care and pension plans for all Lebanese citizens…. stop eating sugar (lol)
What do you expect from the future?
I don’t expect. It’s what I do today that will decide of my future.
What is your favorite daily wear attire? cropped pants and flats.
What things in life are still a mystery to you?
Evil. I don’t understand it.
What was the last gift you gave someone?
The book “Renaissance Emir” by T.J. Gorton, with a box of chocolates.
What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
My daughter imitating me in front of our friends.
What is your biggest fear ?
That someone I love gets sick.
What would be your super power?
Ending global warming.
What would be a good theme song for your life?
Imagine. John Lennon
What is the best/worst purchase you’ve ever made?
Best: a 19th century piano
Worst: an aquarium of fish that keep dying !
What inspires you?
Nature and music
An advice for your younger self?
Do it again, the same way!
The way to express one’s most intimate thoughts